This notice describes how we collect, use and process your personal information, and how in doing so, we comply with our legal obligations to you. Our practice policy is to respect the privacy of our patients, their families and our staff and to maintain compliance with POPIA.
We process your data on the lawful basis of consent and contract as set out in Section 11(1) of POPIA.
- Consent: the data subject has given clear consent for us to process their personal information for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with the data subject. Or because they have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- We collect personal information about you which includes:
Name, address, telephone number, email address, identity number, medical aid details, marital status.
- We collect the following special information about your child (with your consent)
Name, address, telephone number, date of birth, school, name of referring doctor, as well as case history information which enable us to make appropriate decisions for your child’s assessment and treatment.
Information is collected via consent forms, parental questionnaires and website and telephonic enquiries.
- We maintain records pertaining to assessment and treatment you have received at our center. These records help to provide wit the best possible continued healthcare.
- We use information provided by you for the purpose of billing, and where necessary, debt collection.
Information is accessible to our secretary for billing, filing and archiving purposes
Information may be shared with other healthcare providers in the practice involved in the treatment of yourself, your child with your consent.
- All employees and subcontractors are asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Every member of staff who works for us has a legal obligation to keep information about you confidential. Your information will only be passed on if others involved in your care have a genuine need for it, with your consent.
- You can withdraw or change your consent at any time.
- You have the right to access and/or rectify your personal information.
- You have the right to object to how your personal information is used.